Join the support team and help prioritize the actions to take!
For a long time already, we've been working on a new NABUUR site. Lots of discussions have been held, designs made, development started for a site that should work a lot better than the current one. Given the major changes that have taken place over the last year, the new site may not be completed very soon.
At the same time the current site is not very easy to use: there is too much information and the relevant bits (active villages, active people, concrete volunteer opportunities) are hard to find.
While a new NABUUR strategy is being defined, it would help to sort out the current site: to bring it back to a state where it at least works (though not perfectly) and where newcomers can find their way.
If you want to help make these improvements, support new neighbours or have suggestions please join the discussion below.
The following actions/resources to make life easier for new Neighbours have been mentioned earlier:
- a FAQ - There is a FAQ page already at http://www.nabuur.com/en/frequently-asked-questions which is very out of date
- a screen that briefly describes what Nabuur is and what people can do here
- a general support group where people can ask questions. There is one now called How Nabuur Works http://www.nabuur.com/en/group/how-nabuur-works but it needs people who look after it
- a guide to using the website
Furthermore the following issues could be taken up:
- change the NABUUR homepage, to make it more compelling: better emphasize stories, include Twitter, Facebook etc.
- find a way to highlight active villages which enables new neighbours to find the 'good stuff', rather than having to sift through everything.
Join the discussion below and tell us what you think we should start with, or which action you'd like to take up!
New ideas are also welcome!