Stories waiting to be written
Here we can collect ideas, names of Villages or people which are waiting for a storyteller to write a story. Whenever you read or hear something interesting; post it here and a storywriter can pick it up and write the story!
Please follow this format when writing a story
Each story starts with a picture.
Each story has the name of the Village and the country mentioned
Each story has a catchy title, referring to the result.
Each story has a maximum of max 125 words.
Each story has the following structure:
1. The issue, the situation as it was (please dated where possible)
2. The ‘’result’’ (role of Neighbours made explicit, a result can be progress, the next step, the event, the visit etc)
3. The changes caused by the result for the issue, the new situation
You may also want to interview a couple of the neighbours and the local representative. If you need help in getting in touch with them, let me know. (An idea would be to post a message in the discussion thread telling them you'll be covering their story; or to send them a private message to initiate the conversation.)
What do you do when you've finished writing a story?
The storytelling group and process will be as transparent as possible. When you're done writing your story, please upload it to the news section (see how-to below).
Jessica will go over the story with you and offer tips (if needed). Then we'll publish the story (crediting you, of course) for all NABUUR to see. It will show up in the respective village, as well as in the story section of the NABUUR News tab.
We're hoping to also use some of the stories for our blog, as well as other social network platforms, like the NABUUR Facebook group.
To upload your story to the news section:
1. Click the News tab of the storytelling group.
2. Under the 'Create Content' heading box, click 'Create News.'
3. Fill in the following fields of the form: Title of the story, location, the teaser, the body, and upload a picture of the village corresponding to the story. (We'll worry about the other fields :))
4. Click Submit at the bottom of the page to save your story.
Assigned Stories (UPDATED: JANUARY 27)
The following is an overview of who is writing what:
Jessica: Peer to Peer in Kayole-Soweto and Kagulu