ARCHITECT WANTED to design school buildings
Help Liberia Foundation School is currently in a rented house. This building does not really meet their needs, so they have purchased a piece of land where they are planning to build a school of their own.
They would like to find an architect who can help them create detailed building plans. Ideally this would be someone who already has experience of construction in a developing country and/or of school buildings.
If you are an architect and would like to take on this task, please post here.
We also welcome suggestions of organisations who provide free building design services to groups in Africa.
They would like to build the following:
1. Thirteen classrooms (15ft by 20ft) - each classroom to seat approximately 40 students
2. Two vocational training rooms (30ft by 50ft)
3. One reading room/library (30ft by 50ft)
4. Three offices (9ft by 7ft )
5. One teachers' lounge/room (15 ft by 12ft)
6. One storeroom (15ft by 15ft)
7. Three toilets (7ft by 5ft)
8. One stationery shop (7ft by 8ft)
9. One kitchen (15ft by 12ft)
The building could be in an L-shape, a rectangular shape with space/opening in the middle or any other suitable layout.
The size of the land where the school will be built is one acre.
As they may not be able to obtain sufficient funding to do everything at once, it is likely that the school will need to be built in stages. This would need to be considered when creating the design.