Computers for Rural Schools Project
As you know, the Education Concern Center (ECC) works to support rural and remote schools in many different parts of Nepal. ECC is working primarily in the areas of:
- Teacher Training
- Provision of Teaching Materials
- Support for Small Construction Projects
- Education Awareness Programming
- Provision of a daily meal
Many rural children have never seen a computer let alone do they know how to use one. This puts them at a big disadvantage among their peers in more urban areas. Because of this, ECC has decided to provide computers if the local community and school staff manage electricity and rooms. So far, three schools have showed their commitment and prepared a lab room where the computers will be housed.
ECC has registered a fundraising project at Betterplace.org to help raise funds for the needed computers and continue support for placement of additional computers in schools located in the most rural and remote areas of Nepal.
We hope that you will consider supporting this worthwhile project.
You can access the project via this link:
There are several things that you can do to help!
1. ADVOCATE - At Betterplace.org, advocates are people who are familiar with an organization's work who can write a short recommendation to help validate the work of this organization as genuine. It helps to create trust. If you have been to Nepal (or live there) and are familiar with the work of ECC - you can also register a recommendation as a VISITOR.
2. EMAIL - Emailing your friends is one of the most effective ways to let others know about projects and activities that are important to you. Share information with them about ECC, the work they are trying to do and ask them if they would be willing to donate.
3. SHARE- Share the direct link to the project. There's many places you can do this - be creative! Put it in your email signature, share it as a status update on your instant messenger, Twitter or Facebook. The direct link is: http://www.betterplace.org/en/projects/7355-computer-for-rural-schools
4. BLOG- Donate a blog post - Betterplace.org offers widgets that can be added to a blog. You can also write up your own post. Every bit of help ECC receives in getting the word out about this project makes a difference.
5. CREATE A FUNDRAISING EVENT- Betterplace.org now also offers the opportunity for you to create an individual fundraising event to help ECC reach it's fundraising goal. You might consider donating your birthday - instead of gifts, ask your friends to donate toward ECC reaching their fundraising goal.
As you can see, there's lots of ways you can get involved. We really hope that you do. If you do-please don't forget to tell us about it! Your help matters. Thank you in advance for your support!